- Added a fancy HTML button to a web page for a client to take the user to their forum.
- At a client’s request I looked into his virtual server to see if his mail server was sending spam. I could not find any evidence that it was, but I did determine that it was configured to not keep a log of outgoing emails.
- Updated a forum from 3.1.4 to 3.1.5 and provided guidance to client so they could do these in the future.
- Upgraded a forum from 3.0.7-PL1 to 3.1.5. Installed and configured a new style. However, certain email notifications were not going out and in other places when a user tried to submit a post or reply to the post, a white screen occurred while the post was actually saved. This also affected private messaging for certain users. Eventually I figured out that the old forum supported a number of language packs that were not installed in the upgrade, with the primary problem was that the en language pack is installed by default while most users were expecting the en_us language pack. But there were lots of other lesser used language packs as well. I solved the problem by making every user use the en language pack via a MySQL SQL UPDATE statement. I also filed a bug report for this deficiency on phpbb.com’s bug tracker.
- Provided continued ad-hoc support for a client, mostly answering questions and providing troubleshooting when problems arose.
- Ghost wrote an article for a client for a technical publication.
- Placed more ads for a client on their forum. Installed Precise Similar Topics extension. At client’s request removed a lot of padding in various places to give the prosilver style a tighter look.