April 2016 work summary

April was a slow month, at least compared to March which was pretty frantic. Here’s some of the work I did in April for clients:

  • Upgraded a forum from phpBB 3.0.11 to 3.1.8. I installed Tapatalk and Cleantalk extensions. I installed American English language pack. Added the board’s logo. Expect to do a rehosting job at a later time.
  • Upgraded vanilla forum from phpBB 3.1.6 to 3.1.8.
  • Upgraded a forum with non-referenced style from phpBB 3.0.12 to 3.0.14 with many modifications. I removed some unneeded mods by manually uninstalling them and removing the style changes for the mods too. I then uploaded a virgin copy of 3.0.14 overwriting everything for consistency. I reapplied all file changes to mods that he wanted to keep, upgrading them if there was an upgrade and re-uploading the latest programs for these mods. There were styling issues with the non-standard style. I then worked through various issues. Spambot countermeasures could not be selected. Repairing tables used for it made it work. phpBB Gallery comment photos bled over to the next comment. Increased the size of the container to 350 px to accommodate it. Memberlist profile would not show, turned out to be missing ENDIF in template, which I fixed. Also installed latest en_us language pack and made sure mod language changes were made to en_us.
  • A user tried to upgrade from 3.0.8 to 3.1.6 and there were errors. He asked me to investigate and fix them. Three tables needed columns added. I also had to add six rows to the config table. I manually updated the reported phpBB version in the database. Once at 3.1.6, I upgraded from 3.1.6 to 3.1.8. All looks good.
  • Short Skype conference with a client. I upgraded forum from 3.1.8 to 3.1.9. I gave client two reports: one of users with profile fields and a list of forum names with their parents so he could determine which users can be deactivated.
  • I tutored a client in how to send files via FTP to their domain.
  • I upgraded a forum from 3.1.8 to 3.1.9. No changes to elegance style with upgrade.
  • I upgraded a forum from 3.1.5 to 3.1.9. The client reported that some people weren’t getting activation emails for new accounts. I could find no evidence of a problem. I asked user to look into spam folder. There are regular activations in the board’s user log.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *