On this page I am keeping my own assessments of whether you need to update phpBB from a previous version. This page will be updated with each new release of phpBB starting with version 3.2.0. Some updates are nice to have, some are good ideas and some are essential.
Look for the version of phpBB you currently have in the Administration Control Panel. Then scan my summaries up through the current version. If based on this information you would like an update to phpBB, use my service inquiry form.
This page will be updated when new releases occur.
phpBB 3.2 (Rhea)
- 3.2.7 (May 5, 2019) – Update desirable. No new security issues were addressed, but bug affecting tokens used when logging in was addressed.
- 3.2.6 (April 29, 2019) – Not essential. No security issues were addressed.
- 3.2.5 (December 22, 2018) – Not essential. No security issues were addressed.
- 3.2.4 (November 16, 2018) – Update desirable. One security issue was addressed but it’s relatively low risk as it can only be exploited if the attacker has hijacked an account with founder status. Some PHP 7.2 issues were also addressed if you use this version of PHP.
- 3.2.3 (September 13, 2018) – Update if you need to support multiple attachments. A bug with this logic was fixed.
- 3.2.2 (January 7, 2018) – Update desirable. Once minor, relatively low risk security vulnerability was fixed.
- 3.2.1 (July 16, 2017) – Update required. Three security vulnerabilities were addressed. Fixes a major server-side request forgery exploit.
- 3.2.0 (January 7, 2017) – Base of the minor version.