In general, you only pay after work is complete. For very large jobs I often do work in phases, and work is billed upon completion of a phase. I have a convenient secure form you can use to send me a service inquiry.
If needed, I can accept payment using credit cards through PayPal. Do not press any of these buttons until you are ready to pay me and I have completed the work to your satisfaction. I prefer avoiding using credit cards if possible since the PayPal fees are lower.
You can pay with either with PayPal, Venmo, The CashApp or send me a check. Most customers pay electronically via PayPal but Venmo is preferred because I am not charged any fees. Use whatever method is most convenient to you. For electronic payments, use my email firstname.lastname@example.org to route the money to me.
- PayPal. You can use PayPal to send me the money in U.S. Dollars. You can use my email address to pay me: email@example.com. If you need an invoice, I will send you a PayPal invoice. Depending on the size of the order, I may add PayPal fees if I have to pay them to the bill or invoice. I can also use PayPal’s Request Money feature if you need to pay by credit card.
- Venmo. I can be paid via Venmo. I prefer Venmo to PayPal because they don’t deduct any fees. In most cases you don’t pay a fee either, but if you use a credit card or non-major debit card, a 3% fee is added by Venmo. There is no fee with Venmo if you use money from your bank account or your Venmo balance. My Venmo contact name is @mark-hamill, so use that. If you need an invoice let me know and I will send you one.
- Skrill. Skrill is now also an option. This is often a great option if you live outside of the United States, or even inside. You should be able to use my email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to pay me.
- CashApp. The CashApp is an easy way to pay me from your mobile device. Use my CashTag $MarkDHamill.
- Check or Money Order. If you want to pay by check or money order, send me an email at email@example.com and I will provide my postal address. I will deposit your check and ensure the funds have been received before I will do the work if the estimated cost is $100 or more. At this time I don’t take credit cards. If you need an invoice let me know and I will send you one.
- Invoice. If you are being billed at my professional rate, I can provide an invoice and you can pay me through established channels within your organization. If it takes more than 30 days to receive payment I maintain the right to charge applicable late fees.
- Worried about things going wrong after you have paid me? Not to worry. Within 30 days of completing the work, I will handle any minor problems related to the work I did for you at no extra charge.
- If you have a history of paying me, I generally waive the right to collect portions in advance.
- Payment is required promptly upon completion of work or for large jobs, upon completion of a phase.
- For work done in phases or large work orders generally anticipated to cost more than $150, I usually ask for half now and half on completion. I usually waive this policy for previous customers who have demonstrated they will pay bills promptly on completion.
- Paying by check? For jobs estimated at more than $100, checks must clear prior to starting work.
Please ask me if you need any clarification.
Last updated October 9, 2019